Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sentences Style

I return your Kickstarter reviews.

In your daybook:

1. Copy down my comment at the bottom of the rubric.

2. List any margin error labels you have and HOW many you have.

3. List one strength and one weakness of this paper, using your scores or my comments.


You read in Everyday Writer about putting ideas together using conjunctions. Let's review them.

Here are some short sentences:

My dog loves to chase cats.

Our barn is full of cats.

Most of the cats on my place ignore the dog.

No cat has ever been injured by my dog.

Please create two long sentences. In one of them, use coordination to combine two of these sentences. In the other, use subordination to combine two of these sentences.

Let's share.

Now do Ex. 25.1 (p. 289)--your choice whether you write or type it. Make sure it's in the daybook.Copy or type the whole paragraph, please.

Homework:

1. Tomorrow the Kickstarter on Paper is due. You need to have one copy printed of the final version, and bring ALL blue sheets and Drafts 1 and 2. Also, have access to the efile of your paper to turn in in Moodle.

2. TWFTD: subordination in OED.



No comments:

Post a Comment