Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Solo Paper #2 Due

First of all, print one copy and hand in your Solo Paper #2. Let's think about beginnings...

Now, comma rules and conjunctions review in the daybook.

Look at the following sentences and decide what needs a comma:

Coordination--

1. The auditorium was filled with people but the sea of faces did not intimidate me.
2. I had read the heroine's part and I had sung a song.

Subordination --

3. They had chosen me for the role even though I was untrained.
4. Although I was untrained they had chosen me for the role.

Next we look at your answers to Ex. 25.2 in The Everyday Writer.


Last of all, read the handout and write the answers to  the questions at the end in your daybook.

Homework:

1. Finish reading the handout and answering the questions.

2. TWFTD: mastectomy in OED.

No comments:

Post a Comment