Monday, February 9, 2015

Solo #2 Due

We create a Works Cited page for the Brooks article.

Print one copy and hand in your Solo Paper #2.

Thinkwrite: Did you agree or disagree with Brooks in your paper? What evidence did you use for your position? What evidence did Brooks use for his opinion? Is evidence important?

Now, comma rules and conjunctions review in the daybook.

Look at the following sentences and decide what needs a comma:

Coordination--

1. The auditorium was filled with people but the sea of faces did not intimidate me.
2. I had read the heroine's part and I had sung a song.

Subordination --

3. They had chosen me for the role even though I was untrained.
4. Although I was untrained they had chosen me for the role.

Now practice these punctuation rules by doing Ex. 25.2 page 292 in The Everyday Writer. You combine the sentences into one or two correct sentences. Rearrange, leave out words, but retain the meaning. (Write them in your daybook.)

Next, we are going to spend more time on summary/response writing.

Read the handout and write the answers to  the questions at the end in your daybook.

Homework:

1. Finish Ex. 25.2 in The Everyday Writer.

2. Finish reading the handout and answering the questions (daybook).

3. TWFTD: mastectomy in OED.

No comments:

Post a Comment