Monday, February 1, 2016

The OED and Citing

I return Solo #1.

In your daybook please do the following:

1. Copy down the strength and weakness I wrote on your grading sheet.

2. Write down your title:

3. Copy out your hook:

4:  Tally the errors I labelled in the margins:

Crowd sourcing examples? mPINGfrom Scientific American.  We watch this video....then look at the OED. Punk, anyone?

From now on, I may tell you that your TWFTD info must come from the OED. When I do that, you first choose ONE of the quotes, copy it down, give its year, and then the definition that matches that quote. Please do look over ALL the definitions when I send you to the OED. See the link on the left side of this post for the OED. If you are at home, the password info is there as well.

TWFTD: punk from the OED.

Now, how will you cite your pictures? We go to page 468 in The Everyday Writer and Easy Bib.

I hand out the assignment sheet for the next paper, Solo #2, in case school is cancelled.

I hand out a reading about Pat Bourne, and you start reading it.

I collect daybooks.

Homework:

1. Get your citations in shape for the Kickstarter on Paper, due tomorrow. If you have included pictures, you need a Works Cited page.

2.  Pay attention to the ending of your Kickstarter on Paper. It's worth points -- do you have a final pitch of some kind?

3. Bring ALL DRAFTS AND COMMENT SHEETS with you tomorrow to turn in with your final version.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment