Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sentence Variety

Note:  objective vs. subjective?  See homework on 10/11.


1. The temperature was dropping so I picked all my peppers last night.

2. If it froze last night my tomatoes are probably finished.

3. I wanted bushels of tomatoes when I planted four different varieties.


We look at sentences and Section 24 in Everyday Writer. I explain subordination and coordination.

You could watch these two explain it all....

And then you can listen to this.

Homework:

1.  Draft #2 due, typed. Look at your sentences.  Is there variety in length and structure?  Run spell check.  Be sure all your details help to make your point.  You should be certain what your point is!


2.  TWFTD: sinister  (be sure to read all the way down to the II section).

No comments:

Post a Comment